Thailand Location Series: Phuket, The Southern Paradise

We will begin with a weekly location series highlighting various locations around Thailand. This week we start with Phuket, one of the most well known destination and many production companies' favorite location to shoot in Thailand. 

Phuket is one of the most popular tourists’ destinations in the world. It is famous for its nightlife, fine dining, beautiful beaches and islands.  Phuket has also been a popular location for film and commercial shoots.

Phuket was formerly known as Thalang and historically been a major trading route between India and China. The region formerly derived its wealth from tin and rubber, however in modern times; the region’s economy is driven by rubber tree plantations and tourism with areas like Patong, Karon and Kata being the most popular ones.

Phuket’s popularity as location shoot is chiefly from the exceptional topography of the region. 70 percent of the area is covered with mountains which stretch from north to south while the remaining 30 percent are plains located in the central and eastern parts of the island. This make it possible to shoot any kind of story in Phuket and with excellent infrastructure of Phuket, it is not difficult for transportation for the crew from the location to the excellent hotels on the island.

Benetone Films has also in the past line produced many feature films and commercials notably Bollywood blockbuster Ek Tha Tiger and Pepsi commercial respectively.

Below you can check out our selected pictures from Phuket. To book a shoot in Phuket, feel free to contact Khun Rachvin at

No comments:

Post Ads (Documentation Required)

Author Info (Documentation Required)